Pricing, Fees, Rates
All prices, fees, rates are subject to change without notice and are in US Dollars. We are not responsible for any typographical errors or omissions.
Domestic Sales Tax
We are not required to, and do not, collect sales or use tax in all states. However, under certain state laws purchases are not tax-exempt merely because they were made over the internet or because an internet reseller is not required to collect sales tax. We recommend you check your state's tax regulations for online purchases, as we are not responsible for individual state sales tax collection.
We are happy to ship to international customers and are able to ship to the following countries at this time:
Buyers are responsible for any and all duties, taxes, and customs fees that may apply. Buyer shall be aware that applicable duties, taxes, and customs fees are not included in the purchase price or collected at time of payment, but that Buyer is still responsible for any and all applicable duties, taxes, and customs fees.
Sterling Essentials is not responsible for any delays due to customs or other parties.
You may cancel your order before the item has shipped by emailing email@example.com. Please note that most orders are processed within 1-2 hours of being placed. Once the order has been processed to the warehouse we cannot make any modifications to the order or cancel an order.
To make a return, you must contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org within 7 days of delivery. To be eligible for a return, all items must be unused, in original condition, and in the original packaging.
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs, including all customs, duties, taxes or other applicable fees. Customs, duties, taxes, and other fees are often charged to the recipient (Sterling Essentials in this case), so Buyer may need to consult with their shipping service to ensure all costs are charged to Buyer not to us. Original shipping costs will not be refunded.
Buyer shall not ship any product back to Sterling Essentials without return authorization from us. Products sent to us without return authorization and without all customs duties, taxes or other applicable charges paid by Buyer will be rejected by us at Buyer’s expense.
Upon receipt, we will inspect returned items and will notify you if items are approved or rejected for refund. If approved, we will process your refund.
In order to exchange an item, you must return original item to us per the Return Policy. You will then need to place a new order for the new item(s). Buyers are responsible for shipping costs for the new item, including all customs, duties, taxes or other applicable charges.
Delivery and Damage
We make no guarantee on shipment delivery times and are not responsible for any delays, loss, damage, non-delivery, or mis-delivery. We ship to the address you submit at the time of ordering. Ownership of packages transfers to you as soon as the package is handed over to the carrier. If damaged packages or items are received, we recommend you reject delivery and contact the carrier to file a claim.
Acceptance of Goods by Buyer
Buyer’s retention of goods for more than twenty-four hours after delivery will constitute a final and irrevocable acceptance of the goods. Any claims for short shipment must be made within twenty-four hours of delivery.
If any product purchased under this agreement proves defective within thirty days from date of purchase by Buyer, Buyer must notify us in writing of the defect immediately upon discovery of the defect and must establish that the product has been properly maintained and used. You must save all shipping and merchandise packaging. We will review notification and may require you to provide further information including, but not limited to, photos, video, or other documentation. If we conclude a defect occurred we may, at Sterling Essentials’ option, repair or replace the goods free of charge, or apply a refund for the price of the defective item. In no event shall the Buyer return materials without obtaining our prior written consent.
Replacements and Spares
We do not offer spare or replacement parts.
Warranties and Disclaimers
Sterling Essentials warrants title to the products. We warrant that for a period of thirty days from the date of purchase that all products manufactured by Sterling Essentials shall be free from defects in material and workmanship. Defect warranty does not extend to products sold by Sterling Essentials but not manufactured by Sterling Essentials. Seller makes no warranty, express or implied, as to merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, time of delivery, or any other matter. Any warranties in this agreement extend only to buyer.
Limit of Liability
Sterling Essentials’ liability for any and all losses or damages arising out of any claims related to the goods sold shall be limited to the actual amounts paid by Buyer for such goods. All claims related to the goods shall be deemed waived unless made in writing and delivered to Sterling Essentials within the time periods specified above.
U.S. Export Regulations Destination Control
Goods are controlled by the U.S. Government and authorized for export only to the country of ultimate destination for use by the ultimate consignee or end-user(s) herein identified. They may not be resold, transferred, or otherwise disposed of, to any other country or to any person other than the authorized ultimate consignee or end-user(s), either in their original form or after being incorporated into other items without first obtaining approval from the U.S. Government or as otherwise authorized by U.S. law and regulations.
Information We Collect
To fulfill your order, you must provide us with certain information (which you authorized by placing an order, joining our subscriber list, or similar), such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, phone number, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide us with additional personal information if you contact us directly, such as for a special order or special delivery instructions.
Why We Need Your Information and How We Use It
We rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- as needed to provide our services, such as when we use your information to fulfill your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
- when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for our mailing list;
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about our customers is important to our business. We share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Service providers. We engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to our business, such as sales marketplaces and warehousing and delivery companies. We will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Business transfers. If we sell or merge our business, we may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- Compliance with laws. We may collect, use, retain, and share your information if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce our agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our customers, or others.
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
We may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, we may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If we are deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, we rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as ShipStation is Privacy Shield certified.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. We describe these rights below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict our use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where we are required to store data for legal reasons) we will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) our processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from us after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, we will delete your personal information unless we have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Us
For purposes of EU data protection law, we, Sterling Essentials, LLC, are the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact us at email@example.com.
Policies Effective 5-6-2019